Thanks to the many advances in dental care today, there are many teeth whitening options that can give you the bright, brilliant smile you are proud of. If you would like to know which treatment is best for you, we encourage you to call our office today and schedule an appointment with our friendly dentist. Until then, you can consider and try the following seven whitening tips:
- Try over-the-counter whitening systems: Yes, you can brighten your smile in the comfort of your own home. Isn’t that great? As you browse the oral hygiene isle at the store, there are many products that can help you do so, like whitening gel, whitening toothpaste, whitening kits, and whitening strips.
- Use home remedies: Many people believe that brushing their teeth with baking soda helps brighten their smile, so you are more than welcome to try that if you would like! You can also try eating healthier foods more often, like apples, carrots, pears, and celery.
- Take advantage of dental care: Dental care has many treatments that can help improve the appearance of your smile, like dental veneers, dental crowns, dental bonding, and professional whitening treatments. If you are interested in any of these dental treatments, please call our office and schedule an appointment regarding teeth whitening.
- Avoid drinking drinks that can stain your teeth: If you want the whitest smile possible, we recommend avoiding stain-potential drinks like coffee, tea, red wine, and soda. However, if you do need to drink these products, it’s best that you do so through a straw.
- Kick your smoking habit: Smoking completely discolors your teeth. The more you smoke, the more stains you’ll have, and the best way to avoid this occurrence is by kicking the habit. If you need help doing so, please feel free to talk to your dentist.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Your oral hygiene routine is extremely important, especially when trying to achieve and maintain a bright smile. So, brush your teeth every morning and every night, floss once a day, and rinse your mouth with beneficial mouthwash daily. These techniques will help you attain a healthy and attractive smile.
- Visit your dentist: Your six-month checkups are vital if you wish to have a brilliant and healthy smile. At your appointment, your dentist or hygienist will deeply clean, polish, and nourish your smile, giving you the best chance at having a healthy, successful, and attractive oral cavity.
Call our office today if you have any questions. We look forward to helping you achieve the bright smile you deserve!